Shani Shingnapur : A Lockless town where God is Guardian
In the present day times where, together with the innovation propels, wrongdoings excessively turn out to be more modern and the attentiveness toward more efforts to establish safety picks up need, is it conceivable to envision a spot where individuals live in agreement in no-entryway no-locks-houses ? It might appear to be fantastic yet in actuality, genuine! There is in reality a modest village where houses and different structures like shops have no entryways, and that spot is in the nation of innumerable legends and myths – India.
About the Temple: The shrine of Shani Bhagwan is open to the elements of weather and the idol is kept on a raised platform, where the devotees themselves used to touch and perform abishegam to the deity earlier. But now, they can only circumambulate the image and offer the oil for abishegam in a tank kept for the purpose near the platform from where the oil is sent continuously to a dripping vessel hanging above the image of the deity.
The spot where numerous go to get favored by the Lord Shanishwara, the managing god of the temple at Shani Shingnapur is Lord Shanidev or Lord Shanishwara who is accepted to be the exemplification of the planet Saturn. He is regarded and is revered with a considerable measure of commitment by his enthusiasts. A great many individuals from over the whole world come to Shani Shingnapur to get otherworldly advantages. The divinity is of dark stone and this sight sends numerous lovers into free for all.
In Shani Shingnapur town, individuals live in houses without any entryways for eras! Here one can discover just shades (that is additionally uncommon) in the spot of entryways. The main impermanent watchman is boundaries – that too to keep off stray creatures. Here villagers get to their day by day schedules without making a fuss over their home’s security or trepidation of cheats. For them, everything is committed to the Lord Shani. The conviction is, whoever takes anything from this spot will acquire the rage of Shani God and will need to pay for his/her transgressions beyond a reasonable doubt. At the point when Shani Shingnapur locals go outside their town, they don’t request that their neighbors keep vigil on their home and effects. There is no Police station in this town as well. They have no part here!
1) – Shani Shingnapur is the name of a town in Nevasa taluka in Ahmednagar region of Maharashtra; the town is known for its mainstream temple of Lord Shani – Shri Shaneshwar Devasthan Shanishingnapur – the Hindu god connected with the planet Saturn.
A town where houses don’t have entryways, locks
2)- Shani Shingnapur is all inclusive known as the main town where houses don’t have entryways and locks, and the town remains burglary free. Indeed, even the nationalized UCO Bank’s office in the town does not have locks on its entryways. Conviction has it that criminals can’t take or burgle in the town which is ensured by Lord Shani, and adversity and awesome discipline would come to pass for any individual who endeavors to take.
Temple sans dividers or rooftop
3) – The extraordinary open temple has no dividers or rooftop; a self-rose (svayambhu) five-foot-high dark stone stands on a stage and is loved as Lord Shanidev.
World-acclaimed Shanidev temple
4) – The temple stage remains in the focal point of the town, otherwise called Sonai and pulls in a large number of travelers and enthusiasts from the nation over and abroad.
Ladies not permitted
5) – Women enthusiasts are not permitted to venerate at this Temple. The Shani Shignapur Temple takes after an old routine of not permitting ladies to enter the center place of worship zone guaranteeing ladies to be debased. It is an old convention that ladies are suspended from ascending the temple ventures to pour oil and offer petitions to Shanidev. Breaking a 400-year-old discriminatory tradition, Now women Can entered the sanctum sanctorum of the Shani Shingnapur temple in Maharashtra and offered prayers.
For over four centuries, women had been barred from stepping onto the high platform on which stands a black stone – symbolizing Lord Shanidev, the personification of planet Saturn.
The wondrous Temple of the world
Shri Shaneshwar Devasthan Shani shingnapur
The uncommon and extraordinary things of overall distinction in Shanishingnapur
In the numerous years history of the town, there has not been a solitary episode of burglary, mobs, murder or assault.
No one from the town has ever gone to a home of the matured. Nor has there been a solitary grumbling held up in a police headquarters.
As of not long ago there has been an administration office here, in light of the fact that with the administration office come an entryway and a lock.
Here, in the town, a phantom or soul has been located. Nor has anybody from this town beaten by anyone from some other town.
There is no alcohol, betting or non-veggie lover nourishment here.
Every one of the general population here are from the genealogy of Chatrapati Shiavaji Maharaj’s Marathi talking individuals of the same standing and religion.
In the Gram Panchayat, there is never a race or board. A solitary vote is last and the choice is all around acknowledged.
The Peepal trees here have the hanging roots like that of the Banyan tree.
Regular, here, there is business done worth no less than 1 lakh.
The elderly individuals of this town watch fasting on Saturday. What’s more, they begin any critical work of their homes on Saturday
Every one of the lovers from South India, North India and remote nations get to be hypnotized with commitment here.
In the seasons of Acharya Udasi Baba, there would be just three individuals going to the holy place. In particular, Dagdu Changediya, Hastimal Chnagediya and the mother of Badri Tokse. They excessively utilized, making it impossible to come just on Saturday. Presently, every day there are more than 13000 guests.
Innumerable individuals come to offer oil to God Shani. In some cases, 101 boxes and at different times 1 quintal and at different times a tanker of oil is offered to God Shani.
On the events of Shani Amavashya and Shani Jayanti, more than 10 lakh individuals come here.
In the event that anything of any lover, similar to a watch, chain, brilliant ring or some other valuable thing, then they get it back promptly.
No one ransacks anyone here. Then again, they help each other.
Terrible individuals like pick-pockets, hoodlums, dacoits, drunkards and meat eaters don’t come here. In the event that they do come here, they act like great individuals. This has been the experience of Mr. Mohar Singh, a resident.of Nashik Road’s Jail Road.
There are no occurrences and encounters of misrepresentation and falsehood here.
Not just are there no entryway of house here, the brains likewise are constantly open.
Shani Shingnapur By Road
Shani Shingnapur in Ahmednagar District is effectively open by street. It is arranged 6 km far from Godhegaon on the Aurangabad – Ahmednagar Rd. A tar motorable street from this spot drives straightforwardly to Shri Shanaiswar Temple. This street stays open all around the year. The vast majority who come to Shani Shingnapur make the point to visit the well known Sai Baba Temple at Shirdi 70 km from this spot.
Rahuri transport stop is 32 km, Ahmednagar 35 km, and Aurangabad is 84 km far from Shani Shingnapur. Nasik is found 144 km, Pune 161 km, Vashi 265 km, and Mumbai 293 km. The individuals who need can without much of a stretch benefit the transports worked by Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) or even private transports, and autos for coming to here.
Click here to discover msrtc transport timings to reach Shani Shingnapur from various urban areas of Maharashtra.
Shirdi to Shani Shingnapur by Road – shani shingnapur to shirdi
head towards Sakori > Rahata > Kolhar BK > Rahuri. From Rahuri take a left swing to reach Shani Shingnapur from Sonai.
Mumbai to Shani Shingnapur by Road: Shani Shingnapur is arranged around 300 KM from Mumbai. To travel Shani Shingnapur from Mumbai head towards Panvel and take Mumbai Pune road till Talegao. From Talegaon Dabhade head towards Chakan > Ranjangaon > Shirur > Supe > Ahmednagar and range Shani Shingnapur from Ghodegaon.
Pune to Shani Shingnapur by Road: To make a trip from Pune to Shani Shingnapur head towards Lonikand > Shikrapur > Ranjangaon > Supe > Ahmednagar > Shani Shingnapur.
Nashik to Shani Shingnapur by Road: From Nashik head towards Sinnar > Nandur Shingote > Loni > Rahuri. From Rahuri take a left swing to reach Shani Shingnapur from Sonai.
Procure a taxicab from Mumbai to Shani Shingnapur.
Shani Shingnapur By Train
The closest railroad stations to Shani Shingnapur are Rahuri (32 km), Ahmednagar (35 km), and Shrirampur (54 km), Shirdi Railway Station (75 km). One can profit trains from these stations to fluctuated destinations. This incorporates Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Manmad, Goa, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, and Shirdi and additionally different spots crosswise over India.
In the wake of landing at the closest station to Shani Shingnapur one needs to take auto-rickshaws, taxis, other private vehicles or neighborhood transports to achieve the temple town.
Shani Shingnapur By Air
The closest air terminal to Shani Shingnapur is Aurangabad air terminal situated at a separation of 90 km. Air terminal at Nasik is arranged 144 km away. From here, one can make a trip on to any city crosswise over India by getting the pertinent residential flight. Both local and global explorers can get a flight to Mumbai and after that travel 293 km more by means of street to reach Shani Shingnapur. Pune residential airplane terminal is situated at a separation of more than 161 km from the traveler destination.
Distance From Major Station/ Cities to Shani Shingnapur
Rahuri to Shani Shingnapur Distance – 24 KM
Ahmednagar to Shani Shingnapur Distance – 40 KM
Aurangabad to Shani Shingnapur Distance – 82 KM
Shirdi to Shani Shingnapur Distance – 72 KM
Nashik to Shani Shingnapur Distance – 143 KM
Mumbai to Shani Shingnapur Distance – 295 KM
Pune to Shani Shingnapur Distance – 161 KM
Unique Features of Shinganapur:
1. No shelter over Shani Maharaj – As per the instructions received from Shani Maharaj himself, there is no roof or temple built over his idol.
2. No doors or locks in houses – The most unique feature in Shingnapur that differentiated this village from any other place in the world is that there are no doors or locks to houses. The villagers firmly believe that Shani Maharaj protects them from thieves and wrong doers and they only have door frames and curtains in the place of doors and locks. There are several stories narrated by local villagers about how nobody in the village would dare to make an attempt to steal other’s property and also about how when some outsiders have made an attempt to steal they have been punished by Shani Maharaj.
3. No branches grow over the Moolasthan – There was a neem tree that grew near the Moolasthan but everytime a branch grew near Shani Maharaj it would automatically break and fall down. Few years ago, this tree fell and another fig tree has grown there. This too does not extend its branches upto the idol.
4. Water poured over the idol is cure for snakebite – In case of any incident of snakebite in the village, all that the villagers do is to bring the person in white clothes to the temple. A male relative in wet clothes performes abhishekam to the idol and the water is given to the person to drink. In a couple of hours, the person regains consciousness and is not affected by the poison.
5. Shani Maharaj’s palanquin– Devotees worship Shani Maharaj’s palanquin placed closed to the Moolasthan which has a huge wooden slipper in it. Several shops sell miniatures of this wooden slipper that people buy and take home as talisman.
6. Lamp that burns 24 X 7 – There is a lamp that burns through day and night in front of the moolasthan.